Local news | Opinion | Sports | Classifieds | Subscribe
FayObserver.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» FayObserver.com » FayObserver.com » General Discussion » Did anyone get a check in the mail from PCH?

Author Topic: Did anyone get a check in the mail from PCH?
Circuit Rider
Member # 4011

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Circuit Rider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone get a check in the mail made out to them from Publishers Clearing house saying they won $5,889.00 as second prize winner, BUT to contact them before depositing the check? My wife got one today. I wonder how many other people "won" second prize?

[ July 14, 2008, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Circuit Rider ]

--------------------
AKA Angelo, member number 1935 April 2003
* "God has not called us to see thru one anotber, but to see one another through."

Posts: 10451 | From: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Headless
Member # 2577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Headless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing here from PCH.

We did get our stimulus check today though. Or is it a rebate check? I forget... Whatever it is, we got it. lol

--------------------
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else."
There's always somebody who is paid too much, and taxed too little - and it's always somebody else.
~ Cullen Hightower ~

Posts: 5618 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Justabum
Member # 1824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Justabum         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got something from PCH several days ago but I threw it out without opening the envelope. I probably won a gazillion dollars and tossed it into the trash.

--------------------
A great many people aren't nearly as smart as they think they are. Justabum

Posts: 33266 | From: Held hostage by Fayetteville | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
opserver
Member # 4130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for opserver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Justabum:
I got something from PCH several days ago but I threw it out without opening the envelope. I probably won a gazillion dollars and tossed it into the trash.

ditto

--------------------
Mad King George (W. Bush) III, Worst President Ever!.

Barack Hussein Obama, President of the United States of America. Commander in Chief of American armed forces. Leader of the free world and Nobel laureate.

Posts: 8768 | From: Fayetteville, NC. USA, Earth | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Circuit Rider
Member # 4011

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Circuit Rider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The wife did not call the number in the letter. (A check for $5889.00 was in the letter and it said dont cash it before calling that phone number) My wife did not call that number, she called publishers clearing house direct and they said it was a hoax, not from them, someone using thier letterhead. They were glad to get the phone number my wife passed on to them of the perpetrators.

--------------------
* "God has not called us to see thru one anotber, but to see one another through."

Posts: 10451 | From: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GypsyWomaan
Member # 3296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GypsyWomaan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got one and shredded.... I get junk mail from them each week.

They did not send the magazines I paid for 3 years ago... so now I just dump them, after I shred all pieces of paper with my name on it.

I am greatful for this info... THANK YOU

--------------------
Rubber side down, shinee side up!

Posts: 108 | From: Hope Mills, NC | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Justabum
Member # 1824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Justabum         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got another letter from PCH a couple of days ago. It went into the garbage unopened.

--------------------
A great many people aren't nearly as smart as they think they are. Justabum

Posts: 33266 | From: Held hostage by Fayetteville | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnaChica
Member # 16

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted      Profile for UnaChica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I did and shredded the paperwork. Think of all the trees that gave their lives up for this scam! Somewhere in the US of A there's probably a bald spot on the side of some mountain.

--------------------
New Gov't logo: A condom. It stands up to inflation, halts production, destroys the next generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of security while you're actually being screwed.

Posts: 10284 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Circuit Rider
Member # 4011

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Circuit Rider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently mail order fraud is a lucrative flim flam, almost as much as the telemarketers from overseas. They must make a lot of money since they have to pay the long distance cost to tell everyone they won 259.000 and to send the processing fee of 2,000.00

--------------------

GypsyWomaan
Member # 3296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GypsyWomaan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can I get off that darn mailing list????

I read somewhere that if you get junk mail, you should open it and shred all the pieces that have your name on it... to prevent identity theft.

I dont work, am disabled and get credit card offers as often as I do from those fake PCH people too.

And what is up with these kids (that i have never seen in my neighborhood) knocking on my door at 8 am trying to sell me books...... aaaaarrrrrggghhh. And then the Jahova witnesses show up at NINE>

--------------------
Rubber side down, shinee side up!

Posts: 108 | From: Hope Mills, NC | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redman
Member # 3636

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The door to door book sellers are typically sales teams put together using college kids. Sympathy sales because they emphasize "I'm working my way though college." They are highly organized, but will move on if you don't give them a chance.
Best bet for you may be to get a sign for the door stating "No salesmen" or "No Peddlars". Just tell the JW's not to call again and they will generally seek others. Be firm.
If you have a telephone answering machine, let it pickup all calls and then if someone you want to talk to starts to leave a message, you can pickup. Your friends will learn. Doing those things should eliminate a lot of interruptions.

[ July 21, 2008, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: Redman ]

--------------------
"One Day at a Time!

Posts: 13432 | From: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Circuit Rider
Member # 4011

Member Rated:
A lot of the telemarketers are from overseas and get away with it because the national do not call registry does not apply to them. I also dont answer and let my answering machine pick up, if I know who is on the line, I will pick up the phone.
The same telemarketer calls every morning at 9 am and hits the button twice when we dont answer,...I think it is sort of a code to call again.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us |

Copyright, Fayobserver.com